January 6, 2019 By Donald Phillips
How do you identify that you have asthma?
If you are feeling short of breath, your breath is producing the whistling or wheezing sound from your throat or chest in particular, then get yourself checked for the severe disease asthma.
A brief on Asthma:
Asthma is a condition that has inflammation of the airways or bronchial tubes through which air enters in and comes out of lungs. Other than breathing difficulties, there is tightness in the chest, coughing during early morning and night.
It is often believed that asthma cannot be cured it can only be managed and treated. This way one can lead a healthy life.
Albuterol is the medication for managing asthma:
As albuterol is the quick rescue inhaler, it is good at managing all types of asthma. Whether it has triggered due to airborne substances, pollutants, stress, cold air, or respiratory infections.
Albuterol inhalation aerosol powder and solution are good for all ages. They are also called as bronchodilators. It works best by relaxing and opening up the airways to the lungs. Thus breathing comes back to normal.
Proventil treats asthma attacks effectively:
Proventil serves the ditto purpose as albuterol in treating asthma. Just that it is the brand name for albuterol inhalation medicines. Among all the other inhalant medications present in today’s pharmaceutical industry, Proventil is the only inhalant to relieve from sudden asthma attacks and severe breathlessness.
By following the below mentioned steps, inhalation of medication is most efficient:
- Generally the dosage is 2 inhalations for every 4 hours. Take the dosage exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- If you are using a brand new inhaler device prime it, direct it away from the face. Shake well. Spray 4 times in the air. A fine mist is the indication that inhaler is now ready for the patient’s use. Priming is also required in case the inhaler was not used for 2 weeks or more or it fell on the floor.
- If children are to be given inhalers assist them.
- You must use the inhaler which is provided to you with the medication as different types of medication require different inhalers.
- Before using it in the mouth, shake the canister very well, each time.
- Now detach the cap on the mouthpiece of the inhaler. Completely breathe out.
- Take the mouthpiece inside the mouth and close your lips.
- Now take a deep breath in pushing the canister downwards. Hold your breath up to the count of 10 (mentally). Breathe out gradually.
- In case you wish to take one more inhalation, repeat the inhalation after a minute or so.
- Put the cap on the mouthpiece when not in use.
- At all times keep the inhaler in a neat and dry place.
- If you use an inhaler regularly, wash it with warm water once every week. Remove canister and wash the mouthpiece. Remove all excess water by shaking it. Do not wipe (to avoid any contamination). Just shake it well in the air and it will dry on its own.
To keep your health free from frequent asthma attacks it is advisable to avoid all the triggers and some of the escapable risk factors of asthma. Like: being overweight, smoker, passive smoker, exposure to fumes, etc. Prevention is better than cure. Keep monitoring your breath in general. With the help of online shop like RXShop MD replenish your stock of medication at all times.