November 26, 2018 By admin
Teeth sensitivity is one of the most common dental problems that create a lot of pain and discomfort, especially when exposed to extreme temperature conditions. Just consider about a situation when you are just having a sip of a hot cup of coffee in the morning or a cold glass of water on a hot day and feels painful.
Pain for sensitive teeth not only limited when intake something with extreme temperatures only; but it will also create a lot of discomforts while brushing and flossing as well. The pain for sensitivity is too sharp and sudden but still is temporary only and will get set by itself within few times. Sensitivity may further lead to some serious dental issues as well if not cured on time.
Now, the question that admittedly might be striking your mind is that why this sensitivity does happen. So the answer is; it is generally due to the reason of exposure of dentine due to the removal or thinning of tooth enamel or receding of gums. In most of the times, the problem of sensitivity generally arises with advancing ages, but it might also happen due to tooth decay, worn out fillings, cracked teeth and a lot more. So, if you are one of those who are having sensitive teeth; we are here with the best solutions for you.
- Fluoride Varnish Application: – It is one of the best and fastest solutions for your sensitive teeth. This gel is made up of concentrated fluorides that get struck with the surface of teeth and hence offers relaxation from the going on discomfort by concealing the exposed dentin and strengthening the enamel. Moreover, adding fluorides based toothpaste for brushing your tooth also helps you a lot in fighting against this annoying situation.
- Tooth filling: – It is one of the most famous solutions for sensitive teeth especially when the reason is tooth decay or root exposure. The procedure of tooth filling includes the concealing of exposed roots so that to prevent the root decay further.
- Usage of a mouthguard: – Bruxism is one of another main reason behind the sensitive teeth. You might have seen a lot of people grinding or clenching their teeth and especially at night. This grinding or clenching weaken up the enable and hence further leads to having sensitive teeth. The mouthguard is one of the most elegant solutions behind this error.
- Root Canal Therapy: – RCT (Root Canal Therapy) can also serve as a perfect solution for your sensitive teeth and especially when the reason behind this sensitivity is damaged nerve tissue. A root canal is a pulp-filled cavity inside your tooth. In Root Canal Therapy; the nerve and the pulp inside the tooth are being removed; tooth is being cleaned and then further sealed to prevent the same annoying situation in future.
- Some home remedies: –
- Salt water rinse: – It is one of the easiest and effective home remedies; that offer you rapid results. The salt water here serves as antiseptic; working efficiently on our teeth.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: – It is also one another mind antiseptic that helps you in sterilizing cuts, burns, and hence further leads to prevent infection the affected area.
- Warm water and honey: – Honey is a great antibacterial ingredient which when taken in small proportions with warm waters helps in wound management. All you need to here is add some honey along with warm water and then spit it.
- Clove: – Clove includes different analgesic and anti-inflammatory features that offer you relief from teeth sensitivity as well.
- Turmeric: – Turmeric is another one of the most amazing antiseptic and anti-inflammatory treatments for your sensitive teeth.
- Vanilla extract: – Pour some vanilla extract onto cotton balls and get relief from paining gums and sensitive teeth.
Teeth sensitivity is one of the most common dental health problems that if not treated on time may cause severe harms in the future as well. We have tried to add different solutions for your problem including with some of the most popular home remedies as well. If you are also suffering from teeth sensitivity; you can easily choose upon anyone from the provided given below.